Bean for Mac is a small, easy-to-use word processor that is designed to make writing convenient, efficient and comfortable. Bean is lean, fast and uncluttered. It starts up quickly, has a live word count, and is easy on the eyes. Also, Bean is available free of charge.
Bean has some limitations: it doesn't do footnotes or use stylesheets and is only partially compatible with Word's file formats. Also, it allows in-line graphics, but not floating graphics.
- live word count
- make template documents
- free-form headers and footers
- page layout view (optional 2-up)
- dark mode, alternate colors
- split-window editing
- full screen / focus mode editing
- date-stamped backups
- find panel with regular expressions
- word completion, dictionary
- inspector for formatting
- select by text style
- floating window